There was Hailstorm in Nagpur last week. Yes Snow on equator sounds crazy. But it did after 20 years.
Thanks for the Photo Nadya
On that day my laptop served as heater on my desk. Up to July 2014, I enjoyed Dells Support and Service Extended warranty for last three years. This is I’ve no option than getting my Laptop clean up my self
*** Yes there are vendors in market those take more than a day for 2 hours of work and charge way more.
Here’s my Quick Notes for those who want to Open Dell Studio 1558.
1. Remove the Battery
2. Open the Access door and remove it.
3. Unscrew the hard-disk screws. slide Hard disk to move it out.
4. Remove the screws in base of Laptop, and under hard-disk place.
5. Release the Antenna Cable from the routes
6. And three more screws, two below hinges and 1 beneath the battery.
7. Use Nails or Guitar Picks to release the compass of speaker cover above keyboard.
8. Two more screws above keyboard to release it. be careful there’s a thin connector cables below keyboard. Yes I lost my Back-lit because of it.
9. Disconnect the Display cable & power cable. Release antenna Cables.
10. Unscrew the Display. and remove it safely and clean it with soft cloth.
11. Remove screen under keyboard.
12. unplug the speaker cable and touch pad.
13. Unscrew the optical drive screw & Remove optical drive from the motherboard.
14. Unplug the USB Port cable, Jack cable, fan and speaker cables.
15. Unscrews and remove mother board from Laptop base.
16. Unscrew fan screws and lift fan from the base. Remove dust in the Fan.
17. Follow 16-1 Steps to pack up after cleaning each part carefully.
Thanks to Dell Studio 1558 Manual from Manualdir.com otherwise I would have landed in Postmortem of Dell Studio like Nokia 3230