Disclaimer: This is all my kida for learning how things go in this Modern world. Please Consult your CA or CS for your queries.
Little Back Story
Every time Kartik (My school mate with 10+ Years of experience in Continental foods) came to India, we discussed starting a food venture. We did some research, discussions and his duty calls him back to Bread butter Business. This time, he’s again for some months, and the past few days we are studying some feasible Business model for our Venture.
Delivery Kitchen is the one we choose, here’s why
1. One can Start Delivery Kitchen based on Lean Model principles. So No huge Investment to start.
2. Delivery Partners like Zomato, Swiggy, Uber Eats and Food Panda are providing a great platform to startup. One has to worry less about Acquiring Customers as on Discussion with these Partner Onboarding Executives, and they help you understand the regional scenario. And Optimize the Menu for Better sell.
What you need to signup at any Online Food Delivery Platform.
1. Shop Act registration
Standard Business Disclosure, One can use Maitri Portal from Maharashtra Govt. costs around Aprx. INR 24 /-
It won’t take more than a day to get a Gumasta (Shop Act Licence)
Sign up here – https://maitri.mahaonline.gov.in/
2. FSSAI Licence
Food Safety and Standardization licence mandate for every food business in India. For Starters, it costs you around Rs. 2000. You can get it done from the Official website. Which is awful, so we got it done from Authorized vendor who charged double to us.
Thanks to Digital India, Licence was in our Mailbox on Day 3.
Try your luck at – https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/index.aspx.
3. PAN & GST Details
PAN Card is mandated at any online store. If you are not eligible for GST, you can share a self-declaration for same.
Where to Signup as Delivery Kitchen
Zomato – https://www.zomato.com/business
Uber Eats – https://www.ubereats.com/restaurant/signup
Swiggy – https://www.swiggy.com/partner-with-us/
What’s ahead for us?
- Onboarding with Food Delivery Platforms.
- Understanding the day/night requirements of delivery areas
- What to cover in Menu that will work in our planned areas.
- How to keep our cost low.
I hope I can write about the experience soon enough. If you like to share your journey Feel free to DM me on Twitter or Facebook.
It’s really help to all start ups Thanks brother
really very important and useful information.
Any insights into the kitchen setup and costs?
My pleasure brother 🙂
My Pleasure 🙂
We do have some figures about it. But we will wait for the first three months to mention those.